Monday, June 25, 2007

Week of June 25th

Hiking with Kids
Tuesday, June 16, 9am, Farewell Bend Park. Plan on a little playing and little hiking along the River Trail. This is the group aimed at parents with kids ages 3-6. Email Cheryl if you have more questions or to let her know your coming so she knows who to wait for.

Playgroup ***CHANGED****
Friday, June 29, Quail Park Meet about 10 a.m. This is a new park northwest of COCC, west of Mt. Washington Drive on Regency St.

Mom's Breakfast Out
Saturday June 30, 8:30am

Breakfast Out at The Victorian Cafe, please RSVP to
Aria. I can't make it, and I'm disappointed, as I haven't been there in at least a couple of years, and this is such a great breakfast place. I hope many of you can make it and have an eggs benedict for me!

Preview: Book Group
Tuesday, July 17th, Dispatches from a Not-So-Perfect Life : Or How I Learned to Love the House, the Man, the Child by Faulkner Fox

Book group is still three weeks away, but I thought I'd remind everyone of the selection now. Here is a nice review and if you go to the bottom of the page, you can link to an interview, Faulkner Fox's web page and an excerpt from the book. I ordered the book from Amazon where you can buy a copy for less than $5 (plus $4 shipping), and I devoured the book. I really wish I'd read it a couple of years ago when it first came out as I struggled with my identity as mother so much these last few years.

Anyway, I have finished the book, so if anyone wants to borrow my copy, just let me know. I'm going to try to be at Farewell Bend Park tomorrow and maybe playgroup Friday, so I could bring it if anyone wants it. Just e-mail me.

No comments: